Ethyl Cellulose (EC) :
1. Ethoxy: 47.5-49.5%
2. Viscosity: 20cps, 5% solution
3. Loss on drying: 3.0% Max.
Ethyl Cellulose (EC)
1) Quality standard: the product is in accordance with China Drug Code Issue 2000 or USP XXIV/NF19 and Japanese JP standards.
|Item||K grade||N grade||T grade|
|Loss or drying(WT%)||≤3.0|
|Viscosity (mPa.S)(5%toluene/ethanol solution,25 )|| 20|
2) Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose type indication.
III. Physical Properties:
1. Out looking:HPMC is a white or light gray mobile power with odorless and tasteless.
2. Soft thermoplasticity. Softening point:135155.fault specific gravity: 0.30.4g/cm3 .relative density:1.071.18g/cm3 . Melting point:165185 and dissolves in water and all kinds of organic solvents. EC has good thermo stability. Minimized ash residuals. No sticking, but acerbity. Can form rigid film. Even at low temperature, it also can has good bending resistance, innocuous, antibiosis. Inertia metabolism. Degradation oxidation oxygenation easily occur when under sunshine or violate radiation
3. Important characteristics
1)Hard to burn
2)Good thermo stability.
3)Not discolor under sunshine.
6)Excellent bast-resistance and acid resistance.
7)Fine anti-ageing capacity.
8)Good salt-tolerance and moisture resistance.
9)Stable for chemicals and not deteriorate for a longtime storage.
10)Can compate with many rosins and all plastizer.
V. Dissolving process
The usual used sovents of EC(DS:2.32.6) are arene and organic acid. the arene are benzene, ethylene and xylene, use percent:6080%. The acid are formic acid, aceticated etc. Use percent:2040%.Slowly add EC to vessel with organic solvent wile stirring until it is completely wet and dissolved.
EC is mainly used as adhesive for tablets and coatings.As well as framework. MC can be made to sol framework. Micro hole film coating for controlled released matrix agent. Also be used as disperse agent, Water keeping agent to avoid losing water and deteriorating improving storage..Producing Process: